You invest some money on a professional headshot session. You fall in love with some many professional images of yourself. Now, you are wondering, in addition to my LinkedIn profile photo, where else can I use my professional headshot photos?
We’ve put together some ideas on how to use your professional headshots on four marketing channels to enhance your brand.
Channel #1: Use your headshots on your company website
Own your website. Your website is the one channel you have 100% control over. Start by making your site informative and welcoming. Add your professional headshots, headshots of your staff, information about your services, and your place of business. Use professional images to create a lasting connection with your ideal client by appealing to their emotions and their subconscious impulses when they see what you have to offer.
Company Website Checklist:
You can place your headshots on different pages of your website.
- Home Page
- Banner Images
- Product and Service Pages
- Contact Us Page
- About Us Page
- Meet Our Team Page
- Testimonials Page
- Blog Banners and Articles
- Landing Pages
- Leads Pages
- Lead Magnet Pages
Make a statement. Use your headshots to interact with your ideal client on a personal level to stay top of mind. With social media, you get a chance to say hi without being in their face. Social media helps you tell a story and showcase your work. Use beautiful imagery that tells your ideal client who you are and why they should do business with you. Craft an attractive and appealing timeline with photos that entice your clients to envision themselves working with you.
Social Media Checklist
Use your professional headshots in different social media channels for a more lasting connection with your audience.
- Profile Photos for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Chamber of Commerce site, and other membership sites, etc
- Banner Images for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
- Events and Other Tab Pages on Facebook
- Paid Advertising for Special Offers, Other Promotions, Articles, Products, and Services
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest Ads
- Social Media Videos of Products and Behind the Scenes
- LinkedIn Articles and Product Images
- Social Media Pots with Positive, Inspiring, and Motivational Quotes
- Posts of You in Action, Working Behind the Scenes, Delivering Value to Your Clients, Attending Industry Conference, Industry Events, Meeting Influencers
Channel #3: Use your headshots on your online marketing materials
Deploy autopilot systems. Use your headshots on e-newsletters and email marketing campaigns to ensure that when the time is right. Your ideal clients will instantly think of you when they are ready to book your services. Headshots are also great for blogs posts, Facebook, and Instagram advertising. All these opportunities help you to build a brand that is consistent and stands out from the crowd.
Online Marketing Checklist:
Make sure to use your professional headshots on these online marketing collaterals.
- Email Campaigns
- Web Magazines
- Web Directories
- Affiliate Websites
- email Signatures
- e-Books (Front Covers, Back Covers, and Inside Images)
- Checklists, Guides, How-Tos, and Cheat-Sheets
- Profile Photos for LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Alignable, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Banner images for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Alignable, etc
- Events and Other Tab Pages on Facebook
- Advertising for Special Offers and Promotions
- Lead Pages and Lead Magnets
- Book Signings and Launches
- Awards and Recognition Announcements
- Press Releases
- Online Advertisements
- Media Kit and Speaker’s Bio
- Evergreen Seminars
- Product Pages on LinkedIn
- Positive, Inspiring, and Motivational Quotes with Your Photos
- Social Media Posts of You in and Your Team in Action, Working Behind the Scenes, Delivering Value to Your Clients,
- Articles on LinkedIn
Channel #4: Use your headshots on traditional marketing channels
Create powerful promotions. Use your headshot photos to create regular flyers, brochures, calendars that can leave a memorable impression of you and your brand. Use your professional headshots on TV, newspapers, industry journals, local and national magazines to expand your branding proposition in a way that speaks to your ideal client. Consistency is always key. Use timeless headshots to enhance your visual presentation and create a brand that converts prospects into paying clients.
Traditional Marketing Channels Checklist
Here’s the opportunity to use your professional headshots in print materials and put your best face forward in print. Don’t forget to showcase your expertise with clean and timeless headshots as these professional photos will be in print publications for years to come.
- Business cards
- PowerPoint Presentations at Speaking Engagements for Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, and on SlideShare
- Flyers, Brochures, Booklets, and Product Info Packs
- Books (Front and Back Covers Plus Bio on the Inside)
- Worksheets, Workbooks, and Manuals
- Presentation Folders
- Free Standing Pull-Up Banners, and Posters
- Postcards, Birthday Cards, Thank You Cards, Holiday Cards
- Order Forms
- Building Signage
- Vehicle Signage
- CD/DVD Labels, Inserts, and Covers
- Product Packaging
- Tickets to Seminars, Workshops, and Other Events
- Speaker’s Bio for Conferences and Your Proposals
- Cards (Birthday, Thank You, Holiday)
- Annual Reports
- Invitations to Events
- Fridge Magnets
- Mouse Pads
- Stickers and Labels
- Framed Portraits on the Wall of You and Your Team