Here are 10 Fashion Tips for a Successful Headshot Photography Session
- Choose outfits that are classic and won’t become quickly outdated.
- Wear a color that is contrasting and flattering to your skin tone. Choose darker or mid-tone colors because they tend to put more emphasis on your face and eyes.
- Avoid lighter colors or those that are too similar to your skin tone because they tend to wash you out.
- Avoid bold plaids, and patterns like floral prints, checkers, polka dots, and stripes. These patterns can detract from your face and make the photo too busy.
- Choose jewelry to enhance and fine tune your outfit. Jewelry adds a complementary accent to your outfit, and draws attention to your face. If jewelry is not worn, your photo may look unfinished, plain and boring.
- The size of your earrings should be no less than the pupil of your eye and should not be too bold, flashy or dangly as to distract from your face.
- Choose outfits with modest necklines and preferably sleeves. Too much skin can detract from your desired professional look.
- Hair should be cut and styled in a flattering style.
- Makeup should be moderately applied.
- Make sure clothes are wrinkle free and fit properly.
10 Fashion Tips for a Successful Headshot Photography Session provided by Sylvia Montgomery image, etiquette expert and founder of Best Impressions Image Development Services located in the San Francisco Bay Area.